Dog Park Project Overview
- New Drinking Fountain - Complete!
- New Picnic Table - Complete!
- Complete Perimeter Fencing - Complete!
- Double-Entry Access Gate - Complete!
- Disabled-Compliant Walkway - Partially Complete
- Disabled-Compliant Parking
- Small Dog Area - Planning
- Turf Management - Planning
- Lighting for Evening Use
To see architectural details of the original plan, see the following PDF documents: site overview and plan detail.
All new City Dog Parks are required to meet certain standards. Unfortunately, many older Dog Parks such as our Nate's Point have been left to fend for themselves. Additionally, with the budget crisis, there is no money reserved for these park upgrades.
The Plan is a joint effort of the Nate's Point community, the City Park and Recreation Department, the Balboa Park Committee, and the Balboa Park Trust at the San Diego Foundation. These upgrades are necessary to meet the needs of the community, accessibility compliance, and create an infrastructure for future improvements.
For more detailed questions and answers, please see the Plan FAQ.
How You Can Help
>>Donate now! All donations are tax-deductible and go 100% to our Dog Park.
>>Willing to help out a little or a lot? Get Involved!
>>Tell all your friends!